Gospel-Shaped Pastoral Care Course 2022
Time & Location
About the Event
This course is designed for people who have or are expected to have a significant involvement in providing pastoral care for others, including:
- Pastors or ministers seeking refreshment in pastoral care skills.
- Elders, youth workers or other church leaders seeking initial training or refreshment of caring skills.
- Leaders or managers in Christian organisations responsible for care of staff or volunteers.
- Members of church pastoral care teams or pastoral care workers.
- Christians in caring professions (e.g., doctors, nurses, teachers, social workers) who want to integrate their faith with their professional thinking.
The course runs over 12 weeks* (scheduled to avoid school and bank holidays and comprising 3 hours of content plus breaks each week) divided into three blocks considering:
- Heart – the biblical, historical and theological basis for pastoral care.
- Skills – essential tools for good pastoral practice applied to specific areas of need.
- Wisdom – guidance on boundaries, self-care and organisation of provision of care.
Each week includes prayer and worship; interactive teaching provided by experienced instructors; group discussions; space for reflection; and extensive notes for you to take away.
For more information, visit the Course page on our website or contact us
* Exact dates: 28th Feb, 7th Mar, 14th Mar, 21st Mar, 28th Mar, 25th Apr, 9th May, 16th May, 23rd May, 6th Jun, 13th Jun, and 20th Jun.
- Single attendee (full balance)£300£3000£0
- Single attendee (DEPOSIT ONLY)£60£600£0