Thu, 30 Nov|
Retirement - A Ministry Masterclass
Retirement from ministry poses a lot of questions, join us as we think about how we can prepare well for this season
Time & Location
30 Nov 2023, 09:30 – 12:00
About the Event
“There is a difference between living and being alive. Growing older is about adding life to years rather than just adding years to our lives.”
- James Woodward.
‘Retirement’ poses lots of questions for us as we look ahead:
- When should we start to think about retiring?
- What do we need to do to prepare for retirement?
- How can we help our congregations to think about a change of minister / pastor?
- Where does our identity lie - in our ministry or in Christ Jesus?
- Can we afford to retire?
- What will our future ministry be?
- What would I/we do in retirement, when the congregation has been my/our life?
- How can our health be the best it can be for our age?
- Should Christian workers even think of retiring?
In this Masterclass Alistair and Angela Bill will be walking through the above questions to help equip you for what is to come. Currently Alistair & Angela, with another couple, co-host a very popular annual Pre-Retirement residential Conference for Presbyterian Church in Ireland ministers and spouses, so bring a wealth of wisdom to the subject.
Who is this for?
- This Masterclass will be ideal for anyone who is within three years of retirement from a ministry role
- If you are married, we highly encourage you to have your spouse accompany you wherever possible so you can think through these issues together.
What will the Masterclass involve?
- Online sessions from 9:30am - Midday (with a short break)
- Participants will be asked to complete a short questionnaire during registration; this will enable the facilitators to better focus on the participants’ particular situations.
- Participants will be sent some materials ahead of the Masterclass, to be used during the session, which will require follow-up by the couple/individual after the conclusion. As such, we recommend you schedule sometime soon after the Masterclass to work through these (together, if a couple). Experience shows it is best to work through these materials when it is fresh in the mind, wherever possible.
About our trainers:
- Alistair R Bill is retired from 40 years in pastoral ministry with Presbyterian Church in Ireland (PCI) and has been an Associate with Living Leadership since 2020.
- Angela Bill was a Practice Teacher & Quality Improvement Co-ordinator with South Eastern Trust in N Ireland, now retired; was a minister’s wife for 40 years(!) and was an organiser with Living with Leadership (sponsored by CARE) in Ireland for 10 years.
Currently Alistair & Angela, with another couple, co-host an annual Pre-Retirement residential Conference for PCI ministers and spouses who are within 3 years of retirement. This is so popular that the 2023 conference has had to be run twice!
- Ticket type
Pay What you Can (Paid)PriceFrom £15.00 to £30.00
- Full Price£30.00
- Half Price£15.00
- Ticket type
Pay What You Can (Free)Price£0.00