Powerful Leaders? - A Ministry Masterclass
Time & Location
About the Event
Very few people set out in Christian leadership with any intention of abusing power or position. Sadly, however, some do.
In this session, we will explore the downwards journey, considering how we can be tempted into illegitimate leadership and pastoral practice by using our influence and relationships to avoid accountability and exceed our authority.
Using a five-stage taxonomy we will consider the critical thresholds at which leaders take steps away from healthy use of power, often at first unthinkingly.
The masterclass will help you:
- identify legitimate and illegitimate use of power and position in Christian leadership
- spot potential danger points
- consider how to exercise leadership authority appropriately, personally
- think about necessary principles for the healthy exercise of authority for the local church
- reflect on how to avoid taking the first steps into danger, or recovering if you already have
- consider the difficulties that arise when you feel you need to whistle-blow in a situation of misuse of power or position by a Christian leader
This Ministry Masterclass is being led by Marcus Honeysett. Marcus is the founding director of Living Leadership and there is nothing he enjoys more than encouraging and nurturing church leaders. His books include Finding Joy (IVP, 2005), Fruitful Leaders (IVP, 2011) and he is currently working on a book on "misuse of power" due out in early 2022.
- Full Price (Pay What You Can)£20£200£0
- Half Price (Pay What You Can)£10£100£0
- Free (Pay What You Can)£0£00£0