Thu, 08 Apr|
Gospel-Shaped Pastoral Care Course
Would you like training to equip you for your role in pastoral care - our 14-week Gospel-shaped Pastoral Care course is for you
Time & Location
08 Apr 2021, 10:24 – 10:30
About the Event
This course is designed for people who have or are expected to have a significant involvement in providing pastoral care for others, including:
- Pastors or ministers seeking refreshment in pastoral care skills.
- Elders, youth workers or other church leaders seeking initial training or refreshment of caring skills.
- Leaders or managers in Christian organisations responsible for care of staff or volunteers.
- Members of church pastoral care teams or pastoral care workers.
- Christians in caring professions (e.g., doctors, nurses, teachers, social workers) who want to integrate their faith with their professional thinking.
The course runs over 14 weeks* (scheduled to avoid school and bank holidays and comprising 3 hours of content plus breaks each week) divided into three blocks considering:
- Heart – the biblical, historical and theological basis for pastoral care.
- Skills – essential tools for good pastoral practice applied to specific areas of need.
- Wisdom – guidance on boundaries, self-care and organisation of provision of care.
Each week includes prayer and worship; interactive teaching provided by experienced instructors; group discussions; space for reflection; and extensive notes for you to take away.
For more information, visit the Course page on our website or contact us
* Exact dates: 1st, 8th, 15th & 22nd March; 12th, 19th, & 26th April; 10th, 17th & 24th May; and 7th, 14th, 21st & 28th June
Single attendee (full balance)
This ticket entitles one person to attend the course£320.00
Single attendee (DEPOSIT ONLY)
This ticket secures your place on the GCPC course. Full balance (a further £300) will need to be paid by week 3 of the course£60.00